From:
"Sara D. Furr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:58:36 -0600
Winnie noted that insurance companies may be leading the way in terms of
being supportive of breastfeeding employees.  And then wondered if they also
reimburse for LC services, pumps, etc.  I am the one who had posted about my
insurance company employer being supportive of my breastfeeding and I will
also say that same company (WAY BACK in the spring of 1995) did in fact
reimburse for LC home visits.  I think the key is that the LC who helped me
gave me a bill which included the necessary ICD-9 codes to file a claim on
my son.  I was insured through a PPO at the time.  I was given a manual pump
by postpartum nurses after my last delivery (May, 2000) and it was also paid
for.  I still haven't opened the package but that is another story. (The one
about how not all breastfeeding mothers need pumps.)

Sara Dodder Furr, breastfeeding advocate and volunteer
Lincoln, Nebraska