From:
Regine Gresens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:21:34 +0200
Dear Lactnetters,
I'm a midwife and lactation consultant IBCLC in Hamburg, Germany.
I love Lactnet and have learned so much from all of you. So after meeting
Kathleen Bruce in Augsburg last(?) summer I installed the german Lactnet-De
last Octobre and we are now about 50+ subscribers trying to share and learn
from each other as you do. Thanks again, Kathy!!

Now, I would like to ask you something once again.
Today a mother with a copius milk supply asked me if there are any
contraindications or precautions for drinking her own mother's milk instead
of dumping it.
(Unfortunately we don't have any milk banks yet in this area, therefore I
could not offer her to donate it, though.)
She was wondering if it would be possible to trigger any pathological
processes as it could happen with therapeutical use of ones own urin or blood.

Now here are my questions:
Are there any articles or studies on therapeutical use of ones own mother's
milk?
What were the results?
Where are they documented?
Are there any known contraindications?

Please send your answers to the list as well as privately since I am about
a month behind reading all the notes on lactnet.
TIA for any hints.

Greetings,
Regine
---