From:
litthome <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:38:07 -0000
Just a quick re-intro...I am a hospital-based LC, inpts &outpts, also do a
lot of pt and staff tchg (including FP residents!)  Have only been able to
lurk for awhile as my server played around with my address (thanks again,
Kathy A., for your assistance- and for making my
sore-from-falling-on-the-ice-a_ _ jealous!!!!  Daffodils, now!)

Anyway, Paula, you may want to go to the AAP website (www.aap.org) and
print out the Hyperbilirubinemia practice parameters...I would share this
with this doc and ask him for some research to back up his comments.  These
guys (M & F) need to realize that the public is becoming much more informed
AEB things like the Mothering Mag article re AAP BF Policy statement.
Parents don't accept their HC providers being behind the times.  I just
today had a mom at our BF group complain that she was essentially
threatened by her ped who insisted she put baby on solids @ 4 mos.
Thriving baby with no signs of interest in same.  Mom bf well past 1 yr
with 1st...no solids on a regular basis till about 9 mos.  Mom is angry at
this and may lie or switch...I wish she's just call her on it!

Peggy Litt, RN, CLC(UCLA)
frozen Quincy, IL