From:
Cheryl Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:26:40 EST
Yesterday while I was wearing my pediatric nurse hat I was doing the routine
weigh, measure, and temp on a 4 mo well baby visit...since I wear my LC hat
hidden under the nurse I always inquire about breastfeeding.  I had worked
with this mom at birth and wanted to know how it was going.  We discussed
ways to get the baby to take a bottle or a cup because this little peanut
refuses anything but the real thing!  By the way, mom is a big fan of
Babywise!  So I loaded on the breastfeeding and how some kids wont take
bottles, they do their own thing, even at this young age, how they don't like
schedules:) or bottles:) when they are smart enough to prefer breast!  Mom
nicely listened to all I suggested.  I did tell her that my little one was
like this.  After 3 weeks of fighting at the breast and bottlefeeding we got
it right and she NEVER looked at a bottle again.   So some don't like it
unless it's from the tap!  She was none to thrilled!
Of course she then asked, how long to you nurse? I said " Oh I am still am,
she's 14 months!"  OOOO, you should have seen her face.  Bet that isn't in
the babywise books!!:)

P.S. to Jan- saw another couple in the office today for bad engorgement when
I suggested cabbage her boyfriend piped up "see I told you that would work!"
YIPEE for informed dads!!! and Cabbage:)

Smiling,
Cheryl Parrott RN, BSN
Kokomo, IN
sunny and cold today!