From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:55:28 -0600
Dear Cindy Curtis,
    Concerning the Lloyd-B pump, it was recommended and ordered by the
midwives at my hospital often in the early and mid-80s.  We didn't have
electric pumps available at the time.  A patient got either a manual
ka**son (cylinder type pump) for short term pumping or a Lloyd-B if
needed longer term.  So the L-B was considered the deluxe model at the
time.  It seemed to work well for the moms who used it.  I don't recall
any complaints at all from moms.  We started using electric pumps during
the late 80s and use med**** products now, still have the ka**son stocked
and it is used occasionally for helping to evert nipples or for someone
who requests it.
     By the way....any opinions on the manual ka**son?  I know some LCs
who hate it, but I have 3 friends who used it at work for many months and
liked it a lot, even in comparison to the manual me**la.  It is a simple
pump, easy to wash, lightweight, and easy to carry.  Anybody hear of/know
of damage to breast tissue from this pump?                  By the way
Cindy, I have enjoyed your web page, and finally found the Scientific
American article in entirety to print out for some of the Drs.  This is a
big change for me, this cyber culture!!  But it's fun, no wonder the dh
loves it.
      Susan Potts RN IBCLC  Minnesota
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]