From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:50:25 -0500
Donna Hansen posted about a humor program where a woman has her dog in a
sling. This actually happened at my house!

In 1993, my daughter Hannah and her baby Carrie (my granddaughter) were
living with us. Carrie often snuggled peacefully in her mom's sling. One day
my English Setter was green-eyed with jealousy and wanted up on my lap
constantly. (This was unusual behavior - she usually prefers luxuriating on
my pillow while coating my bed with white dog hair, or sleeping on my feet
under my computer workstation.)

In desperation I grabbed an extra sling and put the dog in it. She loved it.
All 40 pounds of her relaxed in the bone-dissolving English Setter way. Her
limpid brown eyes looked up at me as if to say NOW you get it! My husband
grabbed a camera and took the priceless picture of Hannah wearing baby
Carrie, and me wearing doggie Cecilia in our slings.

This should remove any lingering doubts about my sanity.....

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
Dayton, OH USA where the air is sunny and crisp, leaves are stunningly
beautiful, and a hard freeze is expected tonight.
http://www.bflrc.com