Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:17:14 EST
Ilene says,
<< Many of us that have made attempts to communicate with a health care
 professional have received a rude reception and have not been eager to
 make further attempts.  I, myself, have been put off from contacting an
 MD even with the IBCLC initials for the same reason.  Here's hoping the
 situation improves.  I guess it's better in some areas than others. >>

Well maybe.  And sometimes I think it just perseverance, though that is very
difficult.  Brings to mind the "conversation" I had w/ a pediatrician in our
area r/t clipping a frenulum.  Said the JHL wasn't a professional journal,
and he wouldn't accept articles from there.  Said that until there was a
double blind study w/ 1000 children w/ short frenula -- 500 clipped; 500 not,
and a complete study done AND published in Pediatrics he wouldn't ever clip a
frenulum.  Of course, every time I see his name I think of that conversation
which took place at least 4 years ago.  So sometimes the RN or the IBCLC or
the XYZ after a name doesn't help.  But overall, I'd have to say that most
interactions I've had w/ other HCPs have been wonderful.

But I hear you, Ilene.  I'm not particularly anxious to contact my
anti-frenotomy friend on anything else either.

Jan -- who is quite grateful that the OB that announced to a patient that I
had "yeast on the brain" is now listening to me when my yeasty brain detects
the beasties on breasts or in babies....