From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:15:23 +0000
Unfortunately I deleted the post accidentally so I am going from memory on
the details you gave.

The weight so far seems within normal limits. The weight loss was 6 percent
and wt gain is 1 lb in about 18 days. The frenulum may be an issue but it
seems more of a weak suck issue. Is baby low tone overall? It sounds as if
he may be. If the frenulum was main problem, it may not always cause pain.
But it seems baby would have sucked more, stronger on your finger and mom.
So I would suggest looking into tone problems, weakness that could certainly
down-regulate mom's supply over the 3 wks. Perhaps have baby seen by a
speech pathologist or peds OT to assess tone, muscle strength, suck etc.

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
Mississippi, s.e. USA