Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 07:07:13 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hi All, let me clarify a few points in previous post.  When I said baby looked good, I meant in comparision to what I thought I would see.    Baby still had that sunken look, skin kind of hanging.   The baby had never gotten anything besides breastfeeding.  The mother felt it was a good feed in terms of the baby eating even better that usual.  She was never in pain, and this was the first time she felt the difference of a  good latch.  She never felt fuller or emptier breasts.   She has very large breasts that kind of spread out, and smallish nipples.   It was hard for the baby to stabalize and keep a good latch.  Even though my test weigh was just once, based on how the mother felt, and what she described the other feeds to be like, I feel confident the baby did not do much better than that throughout the day.  Whenever I do a weigh, I always discuss with the mother how she felt this feed was.  Similiar to usual?  Shorter?  Longer?  More swallows?  More sleepy?  I have found them pretty accurate in this context.   Baby is never satisfied after feeds, although mom says he does have a very long stretch at night.  He always is looking to eat.  
The birth was natural and very stress free for all involved, so this was not a case in a blown up birth weight.  
Thanks Joy, for asking the right questions, and I'm sorry I left so much out the first time!
Jessica Billowitz, IBCLC
Israel

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2