From:
Becky Severson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:26:29 -0500
Listmates - some years ago I had seen/read somewhere the following info:

Asked at a Blue Cross/Blue Shield health care cost containment meeting:

"What helps reduce the incidence of ear and respiratory infections,
intestinal disease, pneumonia, meningitis, Crohn's disease, colitis,
diabetes, childhood cancers, allergies, constipation, urinary tract
infections, tooth decay, and obesity?  It also increases the intelligence
and reduces the incidence of breast cancer for the mother."

(I realize the way it's written, it almost looks like they're saying it
increases the intelligence of the mother, so don't get hung up on that
piece....)   Anyway, the answer obviously was breastfeeding....

So, I want to use this in a presentation, but can't find where I saw or
originally found it......  Did anyone else see them maybe 3-5 years ago
somewhere and can they tell me where it was from?  (ie, the source or
place/year of the conference/meeting).

THanks for your help.   On a side note, I'm working to develop a
presentation on the health benefits of breastfeeding.  If anyone already has
one put together that they'd be willing to share, I'd love to see your's...

THanks,
Becky S.
Sioux Falls, SD

message.