Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:46:33 +0200
At the next ILCA conference can we do a session on breastfeeding rehab??

One of the things that really works on those babies who have been
bottled at night amd have forgotten how to latch and suck is a version
of rebirthing.  Have the mom lie on her back and lay the baby on her
abdomen as if he were just born.  Let him crawl to the breast and
latch.  This has even worked as late as three weeks after birth with
babies who have totally become bottle-babies.  Like in the
self-attachment film.
However, this can take time and who has time when you have thirty moms
waiting for your special touch!! and you have only one chair that
reclines. (Lazy-boy recliners are fantastic for breastfeeding!! they
gave me one to try and their sales have doubled.  I am getting another
next week!!)

The hardest thing is to revive the mom's self-confidence.  Just tell her
how smart her baby is that he was marathon-feeding because look how much
milk you have this morning!!

It feels so good to know that I am not the only one struggling here!
Lactnet support group!!

Esther Grunis, IBCLC
in sunny hot and humid Tel Aviv, the city that never stops!!