From:
Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:40:30 -0800
Hi folks,
        Two yeasty-beasty questions:
        I had a call from a mom who is a microbiologist who is having
recurring yeast problems. Baby is 9 weeks, has done a 10 day course of
diflucan after lotrimin wasn't working... Felt better then about a week off
diflucan has that nagging glass shooting pain in the breasts and her nipples
are really sore again...
        She's wondering about the milk she's been pumping for the baby while
she's at school... how can she tell if it has yeast in it and should be
discarded? As a microbiologist she'd be interested in some kind of culturing
type test to determine presence of yeast...
        If anyone has ideas for this kind of test please email me privately
with your ideas...
        The second questions is about treating the spouses of women with
recurrent yeast problems... somewhere in my travels I seemed to have learned
that if the DAD/Partner has althlete's foot, dandruff, jock itch type
problems that its part of the yeast connection, so to speak...
        This Dad has chronic athlete's foot and so mom and I were wondering
to each other if he shouldn't be on systemic yeast treatment as well?!!! Is
there any such protocol? What do folks think about "giving" yeast back and
forth? diflucan????

curious in mildew city, Oregon, USA...

Thanks in advance for you thoughtful responses -- please cc me privately also...

Anne