From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:47:12 -0500
Did any of you watch the CBS evening news tonight?  They features a story
about infant security and the opener was about a mom in Lowell Mass who was
nursing someone else's baby by mistake.  You can view the story on their
website at

www.cbs.com/navbar/news.html

The story was basically about how hospitals are putting in high tech
equipment for infant security.  What happened to low tech high touch
rooming in or keeping the baby in bed with you?  I know we've discussed
this topic ad nauseum before.  Am being naive in believing that healthy
moms and babies shouldn't be separated?  Why can't we learn to provide care
at the bedside instead of in the nursery?

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Manhattan, KS  USA