Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 19:47:03 -0600
In Wisconsin we have a conference every year. Each year people who work in
hospitals complain that all of our speakers are Private Practice LCs and
they want hospital-based LC speakers. They feel that PPLCs don't adequately
address their challenges. It is my thinking that hospital LCs are seldom
available to travel for speaking engagements. In Wisconsin, they can hardly
get to our bimonthly meetings right in our state.

Am I accurate in my assumption? Are there LCs who work in hospitals who are
available to speak, particularly on LCing in the hospital setting? If you
know of any and know that they are good speakers, I would like to know of
them.

Thank you,

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin