Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:02:32 -0500
I forgot to add this to my last post.  This is what the commercial was
about.  The Shards O'glass one was particularly powerful I thought and
asked consumers to imagine what life would be like if all companies
marketed their product like the tobacco companies do. It just screamed to
me "oh you mean like formula companies do too".

"The 30-second "Shards O'Glass," from Havas' Arnold, Boston, and MDC
Partners' Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, will play during the Feb. 1
game's fourth quarter. A 60-second ad will also air on a CBS pre-game
show.

The effort asks viewers to imagine what life and commercials would
resemble if all companies sold products like tobacco, according to the
Washington, D.C.-based client. The spot, named for a fictitious company
that sells ice pops studded with glass shards, parodies upbeat
commercials likely to air on the Super Bowl. "

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, LLLL, WIC BF Co
Listmom wicbfnet and MLCANET
Brockton, MA