From:
Sara Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:08:38 -0800
Hi I'm Sara Russell, and I'm new to the list.  I am a
new postpartum doula in the San Francisco bay area and
just took the DONA Intl. PPD class which recommended
we join lactnet... what a great resource!  I'm a
couselor with Nursing Mothers Counsel and mom to two
boys ages 5 and 2 1/2.

I have a client who is having twins in a few weeks and
she has a 4 year old.  She has a kidney autoimmune
disease called, iga nephropathy.  Which means she has
abnormal build up of protein in her kidneys.  While
pregnant and nursing she's off her medication for
this.  My question: With her first baby she barely
produced milk and was told the iga nephropathy may be
the cause for drastically reduced lactation.  Has
anyone worked with someone with this and has any
further info?  She also has gestational diabetes and
moderate high blood pressure.

Thanks!

Sara Russell
Moss Beach ,CA