From:
Alan/Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 08:45:04 -0400
We have Cinemark here but we also have another much nicer theater that is
locally owned and run.  They actually have a Tuesday afternoon showing that
is for moms with babies.  They turn the sound down a bit and the lights up
slightly.  Occasionally moms from my bf support group do a group outing
there.  We are hoping they bring the movie "Babies" there.  Since it is
falling on deaf ears and you have another theater in town maybe you can even
suggest to them to have a mom and babies showing.  Nothing like taking
business else where to make an impact.

Donna Goggin-Dolwick, BSN, IBCLC
Michigan, USA

"I wish that I could shout from the roof top that Cinemark theatres is not
the "best seat in town".  They discriminate against the babies that we work
so hard to protect.  They are the largest movie chain in the US. I am so sad
that we allow this kind of behavior to happen.  Looking for suggestions to
stop this and to bring awareness.  Calls to the corporation telling them I
won't be bringing them my business seemed to fall on deaf ears."

Cathy Stephens-Croel RN BSN IBCLC
Apple Valley CA