From:
Debbi Heffern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 11:39:00 -0400
Oh, Emily I can soooo see this happening at many hospitals.  If mom wasn't
sure about feeding preference, the ball would be in her court to make her
preferences known~~~especially since complications arose and of course the
first rule was feed the baby.  Then the emphasis became getting mom and
baby reunited.  The hospital where I work is huge, but even there the
outpatient pump rental closes at noon on Saturday for the rest of the
weekend.

So why can't you rent her a pump for the few days until the weekend is
over?  Who cares if insurance will cover it?  It's just a few days!  Is there
something I'm missing?

I'd also wonder if you could help her with the Bailey's she has.  You may be
able to see some adaptations she didn't think of if you see it in person.

Debbi Heffern
St. Louis, MO