From:
Ruth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 23:20:19 -0400
>Instead of a nurse-in at the park, wouldn't more appropriate action be to
>boycott Disney entirely -  * do not buy Disney products and do not
>patronize Disneyland/world*.  Then, write a letter to the company and
>explain why.  Would it be as easy for us to give up Disney as it is to give
>up Nestle?

Yes Debi that is the crux of the matter we need to put our $ where our
mouth is !!! Ever since I went to Epcot a Disney Sub here in FLA and saw
the Baby Center and noted a plethora of nestle/carnation products
decorating the walls I took pictures too and noted that the EARTH exhibit
was a Carnation/Nestles sponsored exhibit we Stopped going to disney and I
won't buy any Pocahontas/Lion King products because of the affiliation with
the nestles logo etc. unfortunately a family member bought the tape Lion
King for the kids, and i'm already a maverick in the family (so, i did not
take it back) I was not aware of any formal boycott but I firmly feel if I
was in Anaheim I would call upon LLLI membership to really back up what is
ETHICAL AND TRUE and stick by all the innocent babies !!! (that are
deprived by the marketing of a product that should be only used by the few
really needy infants that have no NORMAL ALTERNATIVES) instead The Market
has made our worlds' future, dependant on a most artificial and unnatural
beginning.....WE ARE THE AMBASSADORS OF THE INNOCENTS, WE SPEAK FOR VOICES
THAT HAVE NO VALUE IN A WORLD OF THE ALMIGHTY PROFIT MARGIN-MARKET
SHARE...WE MUST SPEAK IN THEIR BEHALF ....WE MUST BOYCOTT DISNEY even if it
makes our kids and our spouses mad at us at the time, when we explain it to
them, (if we have to) they will understand and respect our ethics. My kids
do and they point out boycott issues without prompting by me, even my seven
year old understands why we go to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS INSTEAD, (unless you
guys expose an affiliation to us.....)