From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:35:30 -0500
I'd like to comment on the issue of confidentiality.  With LACTNET in mind,
Jack is right. This list is for professionals only. We use case studies all
the time, and we do not identify clients or patients by name, although their
information is useful to all of us as that is how we learn, and teach each
other how to manage lactation issues.

I do have a real problem with someone forwarding an email from any list to
authorities, bosses, administrations, in order to get them in trouble or
worse yet, fired. This is scurilous behavior, and anyone who does that in
place of discussing the issue with a co worker, etc, is slimey as far as I
am concerned, and downright mean.  I would consider this type of behavior,
forwarding email with malicious intent, reason enough to dismiss someone
from a list. You can't get much meaner than that, especially if the person
was not posting to expose, but only to learn.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html