From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 09:29:00 -0500
Catherine,

Thanks for your post.  I'm seeing a lot of moms who are afraid to "fall in
love" with their babies because they have to leave them again to go back to
work.  And I guess part of it is an issue of control, and not wanting to be
out of sync with a clock which is how many of them operate (hence the Ezzo
method becomes very appealing -- parents in control of everything; babies
sleeping on demand and through the night early; daytimer right up on top of
the Bible (or maybe right next to, as the case may be), and so on.  It was
tough dealing with an entire class full of them; maybe next month will be
better.

BTW, I just thought I would mention how wonderful children are:  last night,
my 21 year old went to the mall with her dad for some last minute C'mas
shopping.  There she left her keys with a wallet that had her driver's
license, school ID, social security card, ATM card, etc.  On the ring of keys
of course was our house key, and the key to her car and our van.  Of course,
the keys were no where to be found when she went back & queried
everyone...someone is going to have a field day with the license, et al.  So
last night, instead of a quiet evening wrapping gifts, we spent it at the
hardware store getting a "club" for both the cars and changing the locks on
the door, calling the police, and making a list of all she will have to do
today to reclaim her "life."  And the 17 year old got up at 6:30 this morning
with a temp of 102, a miserable sore throat and a cough.  God bless us,
everyone!

Jan B