From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 21:10:56 EDT
Don't know where I learned this but I always tell new mothers with
latch on difficulties that it takes about 10 days for ANY labor and
delivery medication to totally clear.  Imagine my surprise when
Dr. Lennart Righard (of self-attachment fame) said, at the LLL
conference that it takes almost ONE MONTH.  Last spring I
developed a checklist of ideas for attachment problems that I will
be glad to share.  Due to recent computer problems (engineer son
went to Israel, so I sent my computer out for service - they changed
the hard drive without transferring anything :( and it wasn't all
backed up of course) I can't e-mail a copy but can ask my husband
to fax it.  Private e-mail if you're interested.  The problem with
weight loss is that we can't wait very long.  How about cup
feeding if the mother is motivated.
Just re-read the above and I left out the most important point-
l&d medications depress suck significantly and impair latch on.
After some of the recent postings on lactnet I would also add
bathing to the techniques to try.

Sarah Barnett
LLL leader Bronx(New York City) NY