Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:04:29 EDT
LOL!  No, in fact.

It is true that I am myself also from the leak-and-spray contingent.   But
the helpful things we all suggest in these cases -- nurse leaning back, nurse
side-lying, express some before feeding -- have always been sufficient to
keep my babies cheerful (along of couse with their own ever-present option of
pulling away, turning their sensible little heads, and taking the spray in
the ear instead of the gullet!).   This baby was panicking after those
measures had been suggested.

It was actually the contrast between on the one hand, Yemima (who is within a
 week of this bab's age) & my earlier kids -- who hated fast flow but were
able to cope with it with my help -- and this other baby on the second hand,
that prompted me to think about why she was so much gaspier than my kids.   I
guess what you are saying, basically, is, Probably she's just a more anxious
type of person -- that this seems to you an primarily emotional respnse on
the baby's part, rather than a respiratory issue.

Glad to hear you think so.  ( but I still feel better, and i bet the mother
will too when i talk to her tomorrow, having consulted with my experts...)

Cheers, Elisheva