From:
Kerry Ose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:09:44 -0500
I'm not suggesting that Valerie is tilting at windmills, but that unless we in the advocacy
community can translate our concerns -- whether they be about patenting human mild
components or about Martek -- into an argument that will resonate with the general public, I
don't think we'll get very far in our efforts.  Yes, if women declared a global moratorium on
donated milk, that would help.  But for that to happen, we would need an informed and outraged
public.  How do we get there?  Right now, as I tried to demonstrate in my previous post, our
arguments are geared toward an audience of fellow advocates who share our pressupositionsm,
and they wouldn't fly with the general public.

Kerry Ose