Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:57:23 -0400
Dear Friends Interested in the Promotion of Breastfeeding:

I am posting again about the Fall 1996 Tupperware Catalog that is now
selling baby bottles on page 19 of the catalog.  I feel that we need to
take action on this and let the Tupperware Company know how we feel.
Tupperware does have a homepage but it does not have this product on it
and it does not have a e mail address on it either.

For those of you who don't know about Tupperware, it is a plastic product
sold by home parties and has been around for more than 50 years. All
products have a lifetime warranty and they do stand behind their product.
Call the toll free number below to get a free copy of the catalog.

For those of you who do not have access to the catalog heres the
information  in the catalog about the product.

Name of product:  "TupperCare Contour Baby Bottle"
"Baby, what a bottle!  Designed to grow with your child from infant to
toddler, this microwave reheatable bottle comes with a seal, adaptor,
nipple, collar, sipper and cap.  Non-slip, unbreakable bottle has been
sculptured for child size hands-just change from nipple to sipper as your
child grows.  Extra wide neck makes bottle easy to fill or clean and a
spill-proof seal takes the worry out of traveling. "

"It has been said that "mother knows best"-and we wholeheartedly agree!
Thats why we asked new and experienced moms to help us develop our
TupperCare line of baby and child feeding products.  In attractive
bubblegum colors of Purple, Pink and Green"

I encourage each and everyone of you to take a few minutes to write
Tupperware a letter and let them know how you feel about this.  I called
my Tupper Represenative today and told her that I would NOT purchase
Tupperware as long as this product was available.  She told me to write to
the Tupperware USA Co, the local Tupperware distributor and I am also
sending a copy of the letter to her.

This product would be very nice and practical if they took out the nipple
feature of it and made it a fancy sipper cup.  I am also concerned about
the fact that they say it is "microwave reheatable" , no liquid for baby
consumption should be placed in a microwave.

Sorry for such a long post, but I feel strongly about this, and hope you
do to.

Write to:
TupperWare
Attention President: Rick Goings
Consumer Relations
Department 2353
Orlando, FL 32802

or call toll free
1-800-567-0400

If you do choose to write or call them, please  e mail me privately, as I
would like to keep a tally of the number of ppl who have written them.

Thanks so much!

======/\=== Cindy RN , IBCLC ====
===/\/\/\ \http://www.summit.net/home/cindy