From:
J Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:44:56 +1200
Hello Wise ones
Yesterday I was asked to see a mum who's baby was just 12 hours old, and was already on a slippery slope of not continuing to breastfeed, because she had incredibly sensitive breasts /nipples.
Apparently her sensitivity has always been there, she fed her first baby for 12 weeks, 2nd Baby for 7 weeks and I dont think even with a great asymetrical latch she will continue past a week
Can you offer any other tips or suggestion that I might give her. I have given her a nipple shield to try, by the time I get back to work she will have been discharged.
Many Thanks
June Nicholls
Midwife/IBCLC