From:
Grace Heitsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 23:46:12 -0500
Hiya folks!
Duh! The light just went on!-(sorry if you've already thought of this-
seems very powerful to me!)
We're  talking about how we lable 'formula'-
what if we just said "human milk" ....then it doesn't matter what we
call the alternative- it wouldn't sound as good!-try it!
"will you feed your baby human milk or a substitute?"  ....
"will you feed your baby human milk or formula?"  ....
"will  you feed your baby human milk or modified cows' milk?"  ....
"will you feed your human infant human milk or a chemically compounded
substitute concocted from the byproducts of other manufacturing
processes?"
"will you human feed or bottle feed?"

To many women in our society breasts are sexual, dirty, leud.  They grew
too big or too little and are appendages to be ashamed of.  Few of us
are ashamed of or embarrased about being "humans."

From now on, at the well child checks, I'm asking "You're still feeding
her human milk aren't you?"

cheerio!
Grace Heitsch