From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:02:27 -0400
>It sounds odd that the weight loss would
>have been a complete surprise to her. I would have thought there
>would have been some other clues, eg baby's behaviour, changes in
>nappies. Something doesn't quite add up.

I agree with Joy, and I, too, wondered how she would *know* that the baby
screamed "two hours after a feed."  Two hours after a feed should be simply
another feed... or a third or fourth or more feed.  It sounds as if there's
something restrictive about this mother's approach that is far more likely
to be responsible for a weight problem than anything to do with nursing on
one side, on cue, for a few feedings in a row.

Has *anyone else*, of our 2700 lactnetters, seen a weight problem following
switching to one breast for several feeds?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com