From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:06:11 -0500
Having worked with many chronic lung disease infants (BPD) in the past, yes,
there care is complicated and can be difficult. I think I would treat the
situation you described as a nursing strike. I guess that's the advice she
got from LLL. It may take more time to resolve than the usual strike might,
because of the complicated care and history of this baby. Imagine how vastly
different from most infants his first months were. Imagine all the adverse
and painful events he's had to experience. It is no wonder that an
immunization with a healthcare provider and a painful event brought on a
strike.
Other than that, is he having an ear infection or some other health issue
(thrush?) ?
Can he co-bathe? Can they have a "babymoon?"
Laurie Wheeler