Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:25:16 EDT
Rachel says,

> I don't think it will hurt to send a short, polite enquiry to both of them.
> It would be good to expose MJ's lack of updatedness about BF, in that they
> are using a 'sell' tactic that is no longer valid, since ILCA policy today
> is so clear on the point of endorsements.

I have no problem with the ILCA Board sending MJ a polite inquiry (since
Maureen has responded to us).  I just don't want 500 of us jumping on them for a
breach of ethics and lying about something when they can simply point to where
it was printed in the JHL and make US look stupid.  I agree that they are
using a sell tactic that is no longer valid.....If they were really honest, they
would say in their statement that this book was found by the JHL to be the best
choice among breastfeeding guides IN 1989!

Now THAT is truth in advertising.  (That's not to say that I don't think that
Kathleen's book isn't excellent -- I think it is, let me hasten to say).  But
let's face it -- the babies whose mom's were guided by that book are
currently 14 years old!!

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, RLC
Wheaton, Illinois
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com