From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:13:46 -0400
I must say that I am in complete agreement with Barbara Wilson Clay's
comments regarding why health care professionals still hand out lousy
breastfeeding information, and often act as though their word were the last
word...and gospel truth.

If there is no corebreastfeeding curriculum in either medical or nursing
school, and really no core of training for IBCLCs when you come down to
it...(because I have seen many nurses use hospital work hours as practice
hours, when in fact they have spent that time giving incorrect and downright
wrong breastfeeding advice)...you are going to have a problem.

I have heard it said that people with incomplete training cannot pass the
exam. I do not know if this is something that has been proven out in
actuality. I wonder about it....

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html