From:
Robin/Joan MacNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:33:19 -0300
Hi Diana,

Anecdotal info only, but what you describe sounds a lot like something that
I have experienced. I've had a couple of occurrences, when a ductal yeast
infection is just getting underway, where I've had a large wedge section of
my breast plugged - it took several days of nursing, pumping, heat and firm,
frequent massage, as well as treatment of the yeast, before they went away.
FWIW, the yeast was not yet symptomatic when the plug developed, but was
very symptomatic within a day or two.

Joan
Joan MacNeil, RN, BSCN, IBCLC, PNC(C)
Halifax, NS, Canada