From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:22:45 -0500
>From:    "A. Montgomery" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Reasons to stop breastfeeding (not!)
>
>Here's one for you Jack--acne!  Dermatologist said her acne might be due
>to hormones from breastfeeding, and in any case could not be treated
>aggressively unless she weaned.....

While I would never personally wean because of acne, I was actually
wondering if this may actually have some truth in it.  Simply from personal
experience.  I *never* had teenage acne, had a pretty clear complexion
except for an occasional (maybe once a month around menstruation) breakout
that lasted a day or so.

I had *zero* breakouts during my pregnancy- perfect "glowing" complexion
everyone talks about. ;)

But, the entire two years I have been breastfeeding my own daughter, I have
had barely a week that my face *wasn't* a mess!

My own personal theory was that i am no longer on the birth control pill (I
was on the pill when i got pregnant, and had been for almost 5 years).  But
could it be the hormones of breastfeeding?  Anyone have any idea about his
one?

Interested,
Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, BSN Student