Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:52:09 EST
It sounds as if this hard-and-fast, gotta-get-pumping in six hours standard
for healthy term babies has been carried over from the hard-earned awareness
that mothers of premies, or other ill babies who definitely are not going to
the breast any time this week or soon, DO need to get pumping asap.

I guess the word is out there that stimulation soon is a big part of early
success, and now we just need to get those exhausted, rushed, hospital folks
to remember that not every dyad is in the same situation as every other.

Elisheva, NYC