From:
Debbie Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:38:26 -0700
Hi, Ruth!!  How's things up north?

One of my clients earlier this year had no problem with milk supply until
she got the Mirena IUD.  I was scratching my head trying to figure out why
she wasn't making enough milk and wondering if it could entirely be caused
by her following the Baby Whisperer's orders for the first month.  Then as
an aside she mentioned she got an IUD and couldn't even tell me if it was
one of the hormone-infused IUD's.  Sure enough, it is.

This client decided for herself that it wasn't related to the IUD and
preferred the freedom in this birth control so she just chose to supplement
rather than have the IUD removed.

FWIW,

Debbie Gillespie, IBCLC, LLLL
Tempe, AZ