Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:37:42 EST
Would greatly appreciate any and all info regarding polycystic ovary disease
and its effect on lactation.  A search of the archives did not supply much
info.  I have a mom who is at day 12PP and has zero milk.  She was diagnosed
with POD in the last trimester of pregnancy with no reference to her desire to
breastfeed.  As I understand some women with POD can experience
hyperprolactinemia and have copious amounts of milk and others have none.  I
have recommended that she use the SNS to maintain stimulation until further
info becomes available.  She is very motivated but understandably discouraged.
TIA.

Pamela Ehret LPN (former IBCLC, intending to recertify in July '99)
WIC BF Coordinator
Savannah, Ga.