From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 07:33:20 -0500
Personal   observation - toddlers are lazy and parents don't like to fight
over food, so it is easiest to give them endless bottles.  I've had kids
come in who drink 32-64 oz of milk a day! and their parents complain they
won't eat food!  My favorite line is "cut off the cow."  It seems to be a
vicious cycle, the kid won't eat , so parents give a bottle because the kid
didn't eat, the kid is full of milk, so the kid won't eat, etc.  Parents are
obsessed with feeding kids, just not the right things at the right times!  I
also quote Ellen Sater a lot, parents' job is to provide good food, kid's
job is to decide what and how much to eat of it.  Something breastfed babies
learn early!!!!  Pat in SNJ