From:
Julie Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 13:26:07 -0700
Is this itching on the side she is nursing on?  I've seen
lots of dermatitis that is exacerbated by heat and sweat.  I
have also prescribed Zyrtec (generic name: cetirizine--a
newer antihistamine--at least in the US) to breastfeeding
women with older toddlers. One of its indications is
chronic, idiopathic urticaria.  I haven't had anyone say
that it affects their milk supply.  Also, Zyrtec is
indicated for young children, and I've seen it prescribed by
ENT's to as young as two year olds.  Any thoughts Dr. Jack,
Dr. Rob, Dr. Hales???

Julie Jarvis RPA-C, Kansas   mailto:[log in to unmask]