From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:55:36 -0400
I seem to remember learning the chin pressure technique from Sara Danner's
"Dancer Hand" position  in which the tip finger could either be used to push
gently down  on the chin or to give chin support if needed. Never have I
thouht of this technique as invasive or used it to "make" a baby open. I've
always used it very gently and have good success with it.
Peg Merrill, Bs, IBCLC, LLLLretired