From:
Christina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:12:04 -0700
To answer your first question:

We (the nursery staff) provide mothers with labels for her milk.  The info
on the label is as follows:

Doe, Baby Boy
Mother:  Jane
DOB:  4/4/07

We used to use to use the baby's inpatient labels (the ones with the account
and medical record numbers) but our nursery discontinued this practice
because the bottles, once empty, get dumped in the regular garbage.  There
was concern that sensitive information was being thrown in the normal
garbage and not being dealt with confidentially.

Sorry, I can't answer your second question.

Christina Harris, RN
Federal Way, WA