From:
Dawn M Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:43:33 -0500
I was delighted this morning to hear on Vermont PubLic Radio Will Curtis
and "The Nature of Things."  The subject was -- human milk!  Our favorite
fluid was called both human milk and breastmilk...quoted a Natural History
magazine article on the biological specificity of milk...lamented the
downturn in breastfeeding-til-one-year rates, and called the other stuff
"artificial formula" and "artificial breastmilk substitutes."  A stronger
ending would've been nice (ended talking about ^^protein levels in bovine
milks and their usefulness for young that must get big, fast), but I am
not complaining!
    You may catch this if your public radio station carries this
commentary. It's also heard around the world on the Armed Forces Radio
Network (I think that's what it's called...).
    If you do hear it and want to send them bouquets, the address is
        Overnight we had four babies born and the three breastfeeders
looked like they had invented enjoyable breastfeeding -- that included the
twins (term).
The Tired but Happy Green Mtn Mama  Dawn Kersula RN, FACCE, IBCLC
"Oh wonderful wonderful and yet again wonderful and after that out of all
whooping!"   --Madeline L'Engle