From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:34:50 -0500
Dear all:

100% of the babies I have seen who have used the Calma nipple have CHOKED on that nipple.  The hole is huge.  Look at the hole.  Now I know that Medela claims that there is some tricky way that their little filter membrane thingamajig slows down the flow if mothers do it "Correctly".  One of the hospitals has been handing out the Calma in our area saying they are "just like the breast".

So its all the mothers' faults, just like it is always the parents fault when they don't follow word for word the exact directions in the baby books that promise miracles if you just follow their five point plan to parenting bliss. Or the sleep trainers who are paid $300 an hour to sit and listen to babies scream all night for the bad parents who aren't tough enough to train their babies into the perfect feeding pattern of only 4 feeds per day.

Sorry for my crankiness.  I was formula fed and sleep trained.

Best, Susan Burger, MHS, PhD, IBCLC