From:
"Sharon Galvin,Rn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:58:44 EST
I have been working with a client who has a hx of infertility, has had
multiple hormone shots most of her adult life. Menstrates maybe 2 times
yearly. In any case through fertility methods gave birth. She has had low milk
supply issues from day one although dedicated to pumping and breastfeeding.
Infant has been a slow weight gain infant and was supplemented, although
interestingly enough is still slow to grow,( both parents had that issues
themselves as infants). She has been thrilled with her results on Reglan,
states she can "squirt across the room". I would be interested in any work
done on the relationship between infertility and low milk supply.
Thanks,
Sharon Galvin, RN, IBCLC