From:
Al & Betsy Gephart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:58:32 -0700
Lactnetters,
    I just got a phone call from a mom with a 2 monther or so.  She got
a cold last Fri.  Has been eating, and feeding her baby as per normal.
She says she hasn't been drinking very much, but under her usual
circumstances that doesn't matter.  Her milk today is gone.  No fullness
between feeds, the baby is fussy and doesn't get enough.  She's scared
because this happened with her last baby and she couldn't get it back.
Anyone got ideas?
    I told her to rest, drink plenty and tomorrow get with a pump every
2-3 hours after trying to get the baby to suckle.  Take Mother's Milk
tea, vit. C and echinachea.  She says she hasn't taken any
antihistamines, that was my first question.  Help, she's really quite
sad and feeling like a failure.
    Thanks everyone.            Betsy Wells-Gephart, RN, IBCLC in Tempe,
AZ