From:
Joanne McCrory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:57:29 -0500
I am in need of a reference for the value of flutter nursing or
"non-nutritive sucking".  I would like to support the idea that this type of
sucking stimulates prolactin levels which in turn maintains and stimulates
milk supply.  Child development and medical literature often discount the
value of this type of sucking which, because it is a natural and normal part
of nursing, must be important.  But I need a reference to back it up for my
current purposes. I searched the archives but found nothing I could use.

Thanks, Joanne