From:
Erica Charpentier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:24:37 -0500
FROM MY COLLEAGUE REGINA CAMILLIERI:

Dear Fellow IBCLCs,

My name is Regina Camillieri IBCLC,RLC and I am writing this email so we can
all form one New York association of IBCLCs. It is important for us to come
together and work for the same goal of uniting our profession. Did you know
that New York has some of the best breast feeding laws in the country?

The end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 has been a great few months for
breast feeding legislation. The Childhood Nutrition Act was passed, Health
Care Reform is still in place (for now) the Surgeon General has mentioned
the IBCLC as the most important tool in promoting breastfeeding, the IBCLC
now has a taxonomy code, and because of the USLCA and ILCA we have a
lobbyist in Washington. These are just some of the most exciting things we
have going on in this country.

I have already been in touch with Long Island, New York
City,Westchester,Putnam,
Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster counties regarding the formation of a state
association. I sit on the Board of Directors of the USLCA and I have
recently gotten some information on how to organize and what actions we need
to take. The first few meetings will take place by telephone or webinar, the
USLCA has given us permission to use their equipment. Then in May of 2011 I
would like to schedule a face to face meeting for everyone who is interested
in forming this association. I would like a representative from each county
if that is possible. The meeting place will be determined by those who will
attend.

If you or some one you know would be interested in becoming part of the
organization please feel free to contact me at
[log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]>
.

Thank you, and I look forward to working with motivated, intelligent women
who want to be part of promoting our profession.

Regina Camillieri IBCLC,RLC

--
Hi Lactnetters,
Please contact Regina directly to get involved.