From:
Christine Montano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:19:30 -0400
Hi,
Dr. Marshall Klaus discussed oxytocin in both the female and male brain at
the LLLI Int. Conference during his session on "Perinatal care in 21st
century". He said the brain of both women and men release it during orgasm.
It lowers blood pressure and heart rate, therefore has a relaxing
effect/anti-stress effect. He did not mention nipple-stimulation in males
specifically, just about it being an after-effect of orgasm. Maybe it is the
oxytocin that helps people bond/feel emotional togetherness during or after
sex! I had never thought of a medical reason for that before, but it makes
sense. I had never heard this information about oxytocin anywhere before I
heard his lecture. You may want to buy the audio tape of the session to get
more info if you can't find the data anywhere else. A summary of the session
by some people who attended can be viewed at:
http://www.lalecheleague.org/99conf/rep106.html (Or maybe some of his books
contain the info about oxytocin?)
Christine Montano