From:
Karen Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:18:50 -0500
I'm probably going to get slammed for this but here goes anyway...Does
anyone agree/disgree that those of us who did/do not use ABM (thank
goodness now I really know what this stands for!) can tend to sound (at
least over e-mail) a bit superior and condescending towards those who
have.   I would hate to think that potential NM (nursing mothers) won't
come to us for information or help because they feel intimidated and
inferior, and that they aren't going to be good mothers anyway since
they weren't planning on pre chewing their baby's meat (just my opinion
but it would be very hard to enjoy a meal this way if I were the chewer
or just a dinner guest, especially since this is definitely something
you cannot do ahead) or making all of their baby mush from scratch (more
power to those of us who have or make the time).  Many moms nowadays,
between raising their family and having to earn a living barely have
time to spend a minute alone in the bathroom or even sit down to enjoy a
meal.    I believe that the Inuit Eskimos living in igloos didn't have
many "modern" conveniences, let alone grocery stores.   Unlike many moms
who don't BF we are just fortunate that we have had the right
information directed our way and were not ignorant as to where to go and
get legitimate info.  I just hate to think that we may be part of or
adding to what scares some moms away from BF.

                        Karen Hoffman (NMN in PA)