From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:58:55 -0700
This is a book review in today's paper regarding the hardest occupations
regarding being berated in front of others.  Nursing is at the top of the
list.  A bra customer of mine for her pregnancies was a low key
labor/delivery nurse who worked with my OB/GYN. She was one of the few who
would or could work with his "I am never wrong" personality.  Having to
present studies repeatedly for what you know works must be very
wearying--its like defending yourself in court all the time.  I don't know
of any other profession that has to put up with this for an entire career.
Judy Ritchie, not an LC and not aspiring to be one

http://www.redding.com/news/2007/mar/16/bully-bosses-cost-companies/
http://tinyurl.com/2uw47d

NO JERKS ALLOWED: Robert Sutton of the Department of Management Science and
Engineering at Stanford University wrote a book inspired by an outpouring of
jerk-boss e-mails from around the world.

What's this? If you've worked for long, you've probably had a boss or
co-worker who was a complete, flaming jerk.
Q: Is there such a thing as a sick organization? Can a workplace grow jerks?
A: Some organizations are sicker than others... Maybe the worst occupation
is doctors. Based on studies, as far as a high rate of abuse, nurses really
have a brutal time. Ninety percent of nurses report six to 12 incidents of
verbal and emotional abuse per year.