Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:14:27 -0000
I thought bashing was not allowed. In my military OB-GYN clinic, we have =
a breastfeeding center where moms come to check out books and videos =
about breastfeeding and pregnancy. We offer breastfeeding classes FREE. =
We have a lactation consultant who makes rounds on the post partum =
wards, home calls, moms come to see the lactation consultant after =
discharge from hospital. We have a program to lend pumps FREE for 6 =
months, to mothers who breastfeed. The mothers can call the lactation =
consultant as long as they want, even though  they are not our patients =
anymore. Oh yes, sometimes the lactation consultant does home visits =
when the mother is not able to come to the clinic. Furthermore, the =
active duty mother can take time off, go to feed her baby at noon if she =
lives near. She pumps at the work place at least twice a day. If she =
forgets her pump, no problem, we have a lactation room and we can =
provide her with a pump. Does a breastfeeding mother have an medical =
appointment? no problem, she can use the lactation room to breastfeed  =
and change her baby. These services are offered in many medical military =
facilities. So, pray tell me what civilian medical hospital would give =
this care?. Before bashing, please educate yourself. Just wanted to =
inform. Please I dont want to start arguments, so forget about =
responding. Thanks. Esther=20